Visit https://apply.ufs.ac.za. Keep your mobile phone and an active email address ready, as you require both to access and complete the online application form.
- Proceed through all the steps and submit your electronic application. Make sure that you complete the application form properly, e.g. if you need on-campus residence accommodation or financial aid, indicate this in the relevant section.
Upload copies of the following in PDF or JPEG format when you apply for undergraduate studies:
- Your ID if you are a South African citizen
- Your passport if you are an international student
- Your parent’s ID or passport if you are younger than 18
- National Senior Certificate if you have already matriculated
- The document called ‘Academic Career Selection Slip’ which you will find on this website
- Grade 12 June results with the school’s stamp as soon as it becomes available. It can also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, especially if you have applied for a selection programme
- Your academic record, only if you are a current student at another institution of higher learning
- USAf accreditation from the examination board for South African universities. Apply to mb.usaf.ac.za for conditional exemption, foreign conditional exemption, or mature age conditional exemption.
The online application is quick and easy – no hassle, no fuss! It has an easy and modern design and is mobile- and tablet-friendly. You can apply using any device. You can expect a quicker response time if you apply online.
The Application Helpdesk will assist you with the application process. Contact the helpdesk agents for
- information on the admission requirements for any study programme;
- assistance to complete your application form (online or hard copy); and
- tracking the status of your application.
T: +27 51 401 9666
What can I expect after my application?
The UFS will send you an SMS with a username (student number), a temporary password, and a link.
- Click on the link to change your password.
- Do not use your name as a password.
To track your application
- The UFS will send you an SMS with a link to track your application.
- Follow the link to check your application status.
For more information or to have queries answered
Contact the University Access Programme on the South Campus at:
T: +27 51 505 1490
T: +27 51 505 1508
T: +27 51 505 1201
Important dates to take note of
|Date||Programmes for which applications open|
|1 July 2021||Applications to study any University Access Programme (UAP) offered on the South Campus and the sub-regions in 2021, open|
|31 August 2021||Applications for the University Access Programme (UAP) close for international students|
|30 September 2021||Applications for the University Access Programme (UAP) close for all students|
Important abbreviations to note when tracking your application
Your application is still being processed.
Your application was declined due to not meeting the requirements or no space in the course.
You have been placed on a waiting list for the qualification you applied for.
Your application was successful.
Your application was withdrawn, because of one of the following reasons:
• Data was captured incorrectly
• Application was incomplete
• Necessary documents not uploaded
• Programme is full
• You were admitted for another option
• There was a duplicate option
Your application is defer for a decision regarding admit or deny
According to your AP score, you do not qualify for the programme.
According to your preliminary AP score, you qualify for our programme but the ultimate decision will be made when we receive your final marks.
Housing and Residence Affairs (HRA)
- Housing on the South Campus:
For enquiries regarding on-campus residences, please contact
T: +27 51 505 1564
Apply before 30 September 2021
- Off-campus accommodation in Bloemfontein:
T: +27 51 411 2600
Important: Kovsies private accommodation is closer to the Bloemfontein Campus (main campus) and far from the South Campus. You will have to make transport arrangements.
Please note that there is no formal accommodation for our students in the regions. You are responsible for finding your own accommodation in the regions (Welkom, Sasolburg, Bethlehem, Phuthaditjhaba, and Motheo). Motheo students are not allowed to stay on the South Campus.