Bheki Mlangeni Memorial has opened its September 2021/2022 academic year Scholarship program in South Africa and is inviting all final year LLB students to apply for studies at the University of Witwatersrand and the University of the Western Cape. All interested applicants should apply using the details below.
CLOSING DATE: 18 September 2021.
The aim of the scholarship programme is to:
- Celebrate the memories and legacy of Bhekisizwe Godfrey Mlangeni
- Remind us all about the sacrificed many made to achieve the democracy we have today
- Promote legal education that is progressive at the Witwatersrand University
- To continuously remind us that we all have the responsibility to recognise and establish the principles of our Constitution
- You must be studying towards an LLB qualification
- You must be entering your final year of study
- You must be studying at the University of Witwatersrand or the University of the Western Cape
- You must be Black
- You must be in financial need
- You must show a commitment to your legal qualification
- You must have a goal to advance the cause of social justice
- You must have shown excellence in Labour Law, Constitutional Law or Administrative Law
The responsibilities of this bursary have not been communicated yet. To know more apply first and make any inquiries attached to it using the below details.
please contact Cheadle Thompson and Haysom Inc. directly:
Tel: 011 403 2765
Cape Town branc:
Tel: 021 418 2278
METHOD OF APPLICATION
In order to apply, students must submit clear copies of the following documents (the submission of these documents is mandatory; if any of them are missing, your application will be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Full academic results/ record (certified copy)
- Motivational letter stating why you deserve to be awarded the scholarship
- An updated Curriculum Vitae, including your student number
- 2 reference letters
- Contact details (telephone number and email address)
University of Witwatersrand students:
Applications must be submitted electronically via email to Wanda Ndlozi (University Coordinator): email@example.com
University of Western Cape students:
Applications must be submitted electronically via email to Vernon Johannes (University Coordinator): firstname.lastname@example.org
Insert the words “Bheki Mlangeni Scholarship Application” in the email subject line.