SANRAL has opened its 2021/2022 High School Bursary programme and is inviting Interested applicants to apply. All Interested applicants should follow the details below to apply.
CLOSING DATE: 30 September 2021.
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be in Grade 8, Grade 9, Grade 10, Grade 11 or Grade 12
- You must be registered to study at an endorsed South African high school
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average of 60%
- You must have a good academic record
- You must NOT have any other funding which covers their school fees: if applying for a full scholarship
The value of the scholarship awarded will depend on the Means Test – all applications will undergo a Means Test, which is a calculation used to determine the amount of financial assistance SANRAL will provide. The applicants family may need to contribute to any outstanding fees, depending on the results of the Means Test.
The scholarship may provide cover for the following expenses: registration fees, school fees, stationery, books, school and sport uniform, hostel fees and transport. School fees will be paid directly to the school (per the school fees statements), while school and sport uniforms, stationery and books expenses will be refunded to parents (after submitting original proof of payment and a claim form).
Scholarship holders will also receive:
Learner Support to help prepare for studying and academic success.
Holistic support, including career information and guidance in a desired career path.
Psychological counselling, career coaching, extra classes and exam preparation dependent on a needs assessment.
Successful candidates will be contacted – if you have do not received any feedback, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Download and complete the SANRAL High School Scholarship Application Form (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document or birth certificate (certified copy)
- June 2021 academic results (certified copy)
- Motivational letter written by the applicant (stating why you deserve the scholarship and about yourself: 2 pages)
- Motivational letter written by your school principal to support your application
- Motivational letter written by your parents/ guardians to support your application
- Parents/ guardians ID documents (certified copies)
- Parents/ guardians proof of income (recent payslips if employed)
- Parents/ guardians proof of residence (water and electricity bill from the local council, affidavit if unemployed or self-employed)
Applications must be submitted electronically via email to Gcina Sentletse: email@example.com
(Insert the words “SANRAL Scholarship – Your Full Name” in the email subject line).