I am looking to study and would like to know how do I go about the process of getting a student number.
The 7 steps to explain the UNISA Application Process
There are 7 steps you need to follow in order to apply at UNISA, including filling in the online UNISA application form:
- Choose your qualification
Choose a UNISA qualification and make sure you meet the admission requirements.
- Fill in the UNISA application form
You must apply for admission to UNISA by filling and submitting the admission form. You can either fill in the form online or at a regional office.
- Submit documents to UNISA
- Have scanned copies of the following documents handy to submit online together with your application form:
- Certified copy of your school qualifications (eg Senior Certificate)
- Certified copy of your official tertiary academic record(s) (if applicable) (please note that internet copies will not be accepted)
- Certified copy of your ID document (RSA students) or passport (international students)
- Certified copy of your marriage certificate (if applicable) or divorce decree (if applicable)
- Certified sworn translations of documents if they are not in English or Afrikaans
- DSAR04 form and supporting documents if you are applying for exemptions
- Receive your student number
- Once you have submitted your application form + supporting documents and UNISA processes your application you will receive a student number. Remember this student number as you’ll use it for my.unisa.ac.za and further communications with the university.
- Pay the Application fee
- You must thereafter pay a non-refundable application fee. You can pay online via credit card (response is quicker) or via bank deposit. More information on paying the application fee and international payments.
- Wait for a response from UNISA
- UNISA will get back to you to inform you about the outcome of your application. For enquiries regarding applications etc. please contact UNISA. Click here for the UNISA Contact information.
- Expect the processing of the application to take from three days to a few weeks.
- Once you are accepted you can then Register
Once your application is successful, it is now time to register your modules and start studying! Follow the UNISA registration tutorial.
- If you want to study at UNISA, you first need to apply to get accepted for your chosen course.
- You can only register for a semester after you received confirmation that your application has been accepted by UNISA.
- The UNISA Application process takes place more or less every 6 months.
- This happens around 6 months before you will be able to study. You need to fill in the UNISA application form, and follow all the steps outlined below.
- First, check the next application dates.
- When you are ready to apply go to this page: Apply for admission. select which type of course you want to do, and then select “start the process”.