I want to apply for the nsfas funding as I am about to complete my teaching degree at
North West University via correspondence. Please advise me when is the closing date for
applications this year and what documents are required for submission and if its possible
to do an online application.
NSFAS 2021-2021 application will be opened on the 3rd of September, 2021. There is an option to apply online and the general requirements (documents) are as follows:
Get your certified supporting documents ready.
You will need:
• South African ID document/card (or an unabridged birth certificate if you do not have a green bar-coded ID or Smart ID card)
• ID of parents and/or guardian (Or death certificate where applicable)
• Pay advice/ letter of employment/pension advice stating income. Should not be older than 3 months (SASSA slips are not required and SASSA should not be included as household income).
Apply for NSFAS Online
First, you’ll need to visit the NSFAS website and register to make an account.
Once you’ve done that, you’ll be able to fill out the online application form.
- This process can take about 30 minutes
- You’ll need to have certified scanned copies of the following documents:
- Identity Document/Birth Certificate
- Matric Certificate
- Latest Academic Results
- Proof of parents’ income (if they are employed)
- Death Certificate/s (if parents are dead)
- Doctor’s Certificate (if permanently disabled)
For a list of all documents that may be required, click here.