To apply for a Matric Upgrade course, you must meet the following requirements:
- You must have completed your matric year.
- You must be 21 when writing your final exams.
- You must be able to read and write in English OR Afrikaans depending on your preference.
What Documentation Do I Need?
When applying for a Matric Upgrade course, you must supply the following documentation:
- Statement of previous matric results.
- Certified copy of your ID.
- Email address.
- Cell Phone number.
The following opportunities to rewrite exist:
- National Senior Certificate (NSC) supplementary exams – March
- National Senior Certificate (NSC) progressed learners (learners who wrote the NSC the previous year but did not sit for all 6 subjects) – June
- Part-time NSC candidates (learners who attempted the NSC examinations post 2015) – November
More information on registration dates and resources is available from the Department of Basic Education.
UNISA has only second semester application available for now. The 2021 academic year’s application will be opened in August this year.