The Newcastle Local Municipality, located within the KwaZulu-Natal of South Africa has opened its 2022/2023 bursary application for interested applicants to apply by following the steps below:
Closing Date: 14th January 2022.
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be between the ages of 14 and 35 years old
- You must have completed Matric and received University Admission
- You must reside within the Newcastle Municipality area, in KwaZulu-Natal
- You must be provisionally accepted to study at any government-recognised tertiary institution, in 2022
- You must be from a previously disadvantaged background
- You must be in financial need
- Preference will be given to students with strong academic records
The Newcastle Municipality is inviting students who reside within the Newcastle Municipality area to apply for the Mayors Bursary programme, for the 2022 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded for ANY field of study (especially scarce skills), at a government-recognised tertiary institution.
Method of Application:
Download and complete the: Newcastle Municipality Bursary Application Form (.docx)
Alternatively, application forms can be collected from the Newcastle Municipality Municipal Building (Office F36).
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online bursary application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Most recent academic record/ results/ certificate (certified copy)
- Proof of provisional acceptance to study at a tertiary institution (on institutions letterhead)
- Parents or guardians ID documents (certified copies)
- Parents or guardians proof of household income (latest payslips if employed, affidavit if unemployed, bank statements or company documents if self-employed, proof of grant or pension if applicable, death certificate if deceased)
- Proof of residential address in Newcastle
- Quote of fees from institution of study (on institutions letterhead)
- Motivational letter to support your application (minimum 250 words)
Applications must be delivered to:
37 Murchison Street
Note: applications received via email or fax will NOT be accepted.