The Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University (NMMU) was founded in 2005 when a merger occured between the University of Port Elizabeth (UPE), Port Elizabeth campus of Vista University (Vista PE) and PE Technikon.
NMMU combines the best traditions of university and technikon education. The university educates around 27 000 students at any one time and has around 2 500 staff members, throughout their six campuses in the Nelson Mandela Metropole and George.
Below are a list of bursaries specifically for NMMU students (current and prospective). See which bursaries are applicable to you and follow the simple instructions on how to apply.
If you have any queries relating to one of the bursary opportunities below, please contact the university directly.
1) Siya Phambili Bursary (BANKSETA)
WHO CAN APPLY?
- Second year Bcom Accounting (C3) students
- All SA citizen
- Nor repeating a first year subject
- 60% + average for first year
- RV102 mark of 60% and higher
WHAT DOES THE BURSARY INCLUDE?
- Full tuition & residence
- Academic support in all modules
- Pervasive skills workshops (presentation, professional communication, team building)
- Workplace experience
- Personal mentoring
- Textbooks, printing etc
HOW TO APPLY
Siya Phambili Application forms available at MB 0822
Submit the following documents stapled to the application (incomplete applications will be rejected):
- ID copy
- Grade 12 results
- Academic record for last year
Applications must be placed in submission box outside 0822
OR emailed to email@example.com
15 February at 17:00
Contact: Zuki Ngqoyiya
Telephone: 041 504 2012