Unisa Student Portal and myLife
myUnisa is a secure page for registered UNISA students, which will give you direct access to important information.
You can also access course information, check examination results, access study materials, announcements and will allow you to update your personal information on the myunisa student portal.
You will be able to join online discussion forums, submit myunisa assignments and access a number of other resources.
myUnisa provides you with 24-hour access to your information and learning resources.
It will also allow you to become part of an online learning community, which means that you will be able to interact with your lecturers and fellow students regularly.
The University of South Africa recently teamed up with Cell C, MTN and Telkom to ensure that you won’t pay any data costs when visiting myUnisa or the Unisa website.
The school is also busy in negotiations with Vodacom and hope to reach an agreement with them soon.
If you have any problems with the free browsing experience, feel free to contact your network provider.
How to Become myUnisa User
After receiving confirmation from the University of South Africa that you are a registered UNISA student, you must do the following to become part of this innovative learning community:
- Claim your free myLife e-mail account before you join myUnisa.
- Login to your myUnisa student portal.
- Complete the verification process.
How to log into my life at Unisa
If you already have a myunisa account, you don’t have to go through the processes I have outlined below. Just click on “click here to log in” button and enter your details to have access to your account.
You can log in directly via https://my.unisa.ac.za/portal/xlogin
The initial login details will give you access to these systems:
- myUnisa – teaching and learning system and the Unisa Library.
- myLife – a web-based email for UNISA students.
How to claim myUnisa login
This is a step-by-step guide for the initial login access.
- Go to the homepage of myUnisa (https://my.unisa.ac.za/portal).
- Click on “claim Unisa login” located on the top menu.
- Enter your student number.
- Enter your personal information (Remember to enter either an ID number or a passport number, not both).
- Read the guidelines (Read and acknowledge that you have read each statement. Click on the “acknowledge” button to take you to the final page).
- Your password (Your password for both myUnisa and your myLife e-mail account will appear on the screen. Your initial password will be sent to the mobile phone number you provided).
- Login to myUnisa (Type in your student number, your password provided in step 6, and click “Login”).
Note: The password provided is your initial myUnisa password. You can change it later.
How to login to your myLife e-mail account
Once you have claimed your Unisa login, it may take up to 24 hours for your myLife email account to be created.
Accessing your myLife e-mail account
Due to a recent Microsoft update, you will no longer be able to directly access your myLife e-mail account when logged in to myUnisa.
There is a new procedure to access your myLife e-mail account or office 365 unisa mylife email.
To access your myLife e-mail account, follow these steps:
- Go to the http://mylife.unisa.ac.za/
- Enter your full e-mail address (eg firstname.lastname@example.org) and your password for your myLife e-mail account.
- Select “Sign in“.
- Then click “sign out” after you’re done with everything. Remember to sign out of both accounts. Do not just close the windows.
Why should I use my myLife e-mail account?
- Unisa will send all official communication (eg your exam timetable and results) to this e-mail account, which means that it’s very easy to find information when you need it.
- You can access your myLife e-mail account from any network and from anywhere in the world. You just need internet access.
How to change myUnisa and myLife password
If in any case you have forgotten your mylife password, or have any ‘invalid login’ messages, it may be necessary to reset your myUnisa password to synchronize it with your myLife mailbox.
- Login to myUnisa and click on “My Admin“.
- Click on the “Change Password” link.
- Complete the form to update your password. Note that this new password will be active for both your myUnisa and myLife services.
During peak periods, it may take approximately 30 minutes for the new password to activate on the myLife service.
If you are still experiencing problems after resetting your password, send an e-mail to MyLifeHelp@unisa.ac.za for assistance.
Don’t forget to always visit myunisa announcement page. There are scholarship opportunities and other important info on that page.