To be considered for a course at Monash University, you must meet the minimum entry requirements. Meeting these requirements does not guarantee entry to a course, as there may be more applicants than places available.
All applicants need to meet the:
and one of the following Australian or overseas qualifications:
Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE)
- Satisfactory completion of eight units at level 3 and 4, including any English subject.
- An ATAR of 70 or above.
Interstate Year 12 qualification
- Satisfactory completion of qualifications equivalent to the VCE, and an accredited Year 12 English course.
- An ATAR of 70 or above.
International Baccalaureate (IB)
- Satisfactory completion of the International Baccalaureate (IB) diploma, including English.
- A score equivalent to an ATAR of 70 or above.
University studies/single units
- Satisfactory completion of at least two units at an Australian university or with Open Universities.
Diploma of Tertiary Studies (DoTS)
- Satisfactory completion of DoTS meets minimum requirements for entry into some undergraduate courses.
Monash College diploma
- Diploma part 1 meets minimum requirements for entry into first-year of some undergraduate courses.
- Diploma part 2 meets minimum requirements for entry into second-year of some undergraduate courses.
For more information on these courses, see Monash College entry requirements.
Monash University Foundation Year (MUFY)
Satisfactory completion of Monash University Foundation Year.
Satisfactory completion of an advanced certificate (Certificate IV or above) or diploma meets minimum requirements for some Monash undergraduate courses.
Scored or graded results are required. We cannot assess results with pass/fail or competent/not competent results.
Special Tertiary Admissions Test (STAT)
Satisfactory completion of the STAT meets minimum requirements for entry into some Information Technology courses.
Secondary school qualifications
- Satisfactory completion of final year secondary school, or equivalent, including English
- Satisfactory completion of the International Baccalaureate (IB), including English
- Satisfactory completion of the New Zealand National Certificate of Educational Achievement (NCEA), including English
- Completion of the Gaokao – for minimum scores, see Gaokao entry requirements (pdf, 1.21 mb)
Foundation programs in South Africa
- IIE MSA (South Africa) Foundation Program
- Higher Certificate in Higher Education Studies
Overseas university studies
Applicants with complete or incomplete overseas tertiary qualifications are assessed on a case-by-case basis.
Checking your qualifications
You can check whether your overseas qualification meets the standard by using the study credit and admissions search. If your country or qualification doesn’t appear in the database, you can apply anyway and provide your results. We will assess them to see if they meet the requirements.
If your qualification results are in a language other than English, please supply certified translated copies. Monash prefers National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters (NAATI) qualified translators.
Visit the NAATI website for more information on NAATI translators.