The Inkomati-Usuthu Catchment Management Area (IUCMA) has opened its 2022/2023 bursary application programme and is inviting all interested applicants to apply ASAP.
The Inkomati-Usuthu Catchment Management Area (IUCMA) is committed to ensuring that the water resources in the nation are protected, used, developed, conserved, maintained, and controlled. The IUCMA is a government organization that was established in order to perform water resource management within the Inkomati-Usuthu Water Management Area.
Closing Date: 14th January 2022.
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must reside in Mpumalanga Province (within IUCMA’s Water Management Area)
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying full-time, towards a qualification in one of the fields above, in 2022
- You must be studying or have been accepted to study at a recognised tertiary institution in South Africa
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average of 65% in Matric
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average of 60% if currently studying at tertiary level
- You must NOT be in receipt of any other bursary funding
- Female students and students with disabilities are encouraged to apply
This bursary covers the following expenses:
- registration fees,
- tuition fees,
- exam fees,
- prescribed study materials,
- accommodation and
- a stipend.
Method of Application:
Download and complete the IUCMA Bursary Application Form 2022 (.pdf)
Application forms may also be collected at IUCMA offices in Nelspruit, Piet Retief/ Usuthu, and Bushbuckridge.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full academic record or transcripts, if currently studying (certified copy)
- Proof of tertiary admission or provisional acceptance letter (on tertiary letterhead)
- Parents or guardians proof of income (latest payslips if employed, affidavit if unemployed)
- Proof of residence (from Local Municipality or Headman/ Chief)
- Research proposal (if applicable)
- Motivational letter to support your application and explain why you should be awarded the bursary (to be completed on the application form)
- Description of where you see yourself after graduation or after 5 years (to be completed on the application form)
Applications must be submitted in either of the following ways:
The Chief Executive Officer
Inkomati Usuthu Catchment Management Agency
Private Bag x 11214
For Attention: Human Resource
– Hand delivery:
Floor Number 8
Corner Streak and Ferreira Street
– Email: Bursaries@iucma.co.za
(Insert the words “IUCMA Bursary Application 2022” in the email subject line).