Your eligibility for admission will only be assessed once your certified academic transcripts (which must have been translated into English), a completed UFS application form, and a certified copy of your passport have been received. Applications can now be completed online. Visit our website www.ufs.ac.za, click on the Student tab, and then click on UFS Application forms, or contact email@example.com.
Submit the following:
- The completed and signed application form.
- Certified copies of relevant academic results/transcripts/information in English.
- Two passport photographs of yourself.
- Proof of deposit of the non-refundable application fee (refer to the application form for the amount).
- Certified copy of passport.
- SAQA/USAf verification document.
Bear in mind that surface or airmail from your country may take longer than two to three weeks to reach South Africa. It is your responsibility to ensure that your application reaches the university before the closing date. Your application will be delayed further if you do not complete the application form as requested or if you do not send proof of payment of the non-refundable application fee, and if photographs or academic results are not attached.
To apply, check out the following information:
- Application requirements: https://www.ufs.ac.za/prospective/prospective-home/general/ufs-admission-requirements#collapse8
- Application forms: https://www.ufs.ac.za/kovsielife/unlisted-pages/study/application-documents-for-admission-to-the-ufs-29
- Financial-aid information: https://www.ufs.ac.za/kovsielife/unlisted-pages/bursaries/financial-aid
- Academic information: https://www.ufs.ac.za/prospective/prospective-home/academic-information/undergraduate
- Apply online: https://apply.ufs.ac.za/
- Postgraduate information: https://www.ufs.ac.za/postgraduate
Become a student in 2021
Please follow this link
Students have to report for first-semester registration in January and at the beginning of July for the second semester. INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS MAY NOT REGISTER PROVISIONALLY. Timetables and information on class venues can be obtained from the website:
www.ufs.ac.za– Click on the Kovsielife tab.
Checklist for registration
- Students must be in possession of a valid study visa issued for the UFS. A study visa issued for a different university is not acceptable. No international student will be allowed to register without a valid study visa issued for the UFS.
- To cancel the block on your student account, please bring the following documents with you on the day that you will be registering:
- Study visa
- Proof of payment of registration deposit (for more information on finances, please consult www.ufs.ac.za, then click on fees calendar for more detailed information
- Original documentation as submitted with your application
- SAQA/USAf verification document (SAQA – POSTGRADUATE, USAf – UNDERGRADUATE)