Things to note before applying online to UCT:
- You’ll need an email address to complete the application. Don’t have one? Get an email address first.
- South African applicants will need an ID number. Foreign applicants will need their passport number.
- You will need to have registered for the NBTs before applying online.
- You will need to pay an application fee.
- Need accommodation? Make sure you mark this on your application form.
- Remember to check faculty-specific requirements before applying.
- Please note: Postgraduate applicants can only apply online.
How to Apply Online
UCT has one online application portal for all applicants.Apply to UCT Residence
You will be able to indicate whether you would like student accommodation on your application form. Please note that applying for student housing is part of your application process. Student housing places are limited so UCT has a criterion for allocating these places.
Application Fees for UCT
All applicants from SA and the SADC region will need to pay an application fee of R100. Applicants from outside the SADC region are required to pay an application fee of R300.
Submitting of Results and Documents
Let’s break it down: all current matric applicants will need to submit their grade 11 results as well as their latest grade 12 results. Failure to submit these results might delay your application process.
Are you a transferring student? If yes, you will need to make sure all your transcripts and academic records to date are submitted to the applications department as soon as possible. A final transcript of your current studies will also need to reach UCT at the earliest possible date. Pretty standard stuff.
Once you have submitted your application, you’ll be able to check your application status online.
Contact the University of Cape Town:
For more information on how to apply to UCT, you can visit their website.
Alternatively, you can contact the UCT Admissions Department using the following details:
Tel:021 650 2128