South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (SAICA) has opened its 2022 Thuthuka bursary and inviting the qualifying student to apply now. All interested applicants should follow the procedures below.
Bursary Application Closing Date: 31 August 2021
The South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (SAICA) is constantly working to fix the member demographics of the chartered accountancy profession to be reflective of those of the country. One of the ways in which it does this is through the Thuthuka Bursary.
- Be a South African citizen;
- Be black African or Coloured;
- Be either in Grade 12 or out of school (with Matric) for no more than two years or a university student currently studying a CA-stream BCom degree;
- Have obtained at least 60% (5 or above on the NSC scale of achievement) in Mathematics in Grade 11 or Matric (Maths Literacy and Technical Maths learners are NOT considered);
- Have applied to or are currently studying a BCom Accounting (CA stream) degree at a Thuthuka partner university. The full list of universities offering the Thuthuka programme can be found on SAICA’s website;
- come from a family that has a combined income of R350 000 per annum or less; and
- write and pass the National Benchmark Test (NBT).
What the bursary covers:
The covers the following as a basic: Tuition, Books, Meals, Residence fees and Accommodation for the full years of study where a student continues to pass their degree within the requisite time period.
Moreover, the programme follows an integrated and holistic approach to ensure success, by providing students with ‘wrap around’ support in the form of, among others:
- academic support, including various academic enrichment programmes such as additional tutorials, study skills workshops and more
- social and emotional support
- work-readiness and life skills training
- mentoring and counselling and
- access to dedicated programme manager exposure to experienced chartered accountants and business leaders as mentors
How to apply
- Go to https://www.thuthukabursaryfund.co.za/
- Read the details then tick ‘Please confirm you have read the above’
- Click on ‘Apply’
- Fill in the required fields
- Submit the following documents
- Signed consent form (download it Here )
- Applicant’s ID
- Parent(s)’/Guardian(s)’ ID
- Parent(s)’/Guardian(s)’ salary slip
- Copies of ID documents of persons dependent on family income
- Final Grade 11 results
- Final Grade 12 results (if completed Grade 12)
- Full university transcript (if already at University)
- University provisional acceptance letter (if you are still in high school).
- Your application remains incomplete if:
- The consent form is not signed or
- All required documents are not uploaded.
Your application is not submitted until you press “SUBMIT”