Weir Minerals Africa has opened its September 2021/2022 academic year Bursary program in South Africa and is inviting all 1st year Engineering students to apply. All interested applicants should apply using the details below.
CLOSING DATE: 20 September 2021.
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be studying full-time, towards one of the aforementioned Engineering qualifications
- You must be currently in the 1st year of study
- You must studying at a recognised University in South Africa
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average of 60% or “C” symbol
- You must be computer literate and able to work in MicroSoft Office
- You must have good planning and organisation skills
- You must be adaptable and flexible
- You must cope well under pressure
- Preference will be given to Employment Equity candidates
Weir will be awarding bursaries, only for studies within these fields:
- Chemical Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical Engineering
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: full tuition fees, prescribed books, accommodation and a monthly allowance. Bursary recipients will also have the opportunity to take part in 6 to 8 weeks of vacation work each year.
Tel: 011 056 4774 / 011 549 5653
Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Students who meet all of the above eligibility criteria, can apply by submitting clear copies of the following documentation (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualifid):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Full academic record/ transcripts (on university letterhead)
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae
Please note: there is no application form to complete, only the above 3 documents must be submitted.
Applications must be submitted electronically via email to: email@example.com
(Insert the words “Weir Minerals Bursary Application” in the email subject line).