The South African National Roads Agency SOC Limited (SANRAL) has opened its 2021/2022 September Bursary program and is inviting Interested applicants to apply. All Interested applicants should follow the details below to apply.
CLOSING DATE: 30 September 2021.
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must NOT be older than 35 years of age
- You must have completed Matric or be currently in Matric
- You must be studying or accepted to study full-time towards a qualification within one of the aforementioned fields
- You must be studying or accepted to study at a recognised University, University of Technology or Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) institution in South African
- Matric students: you must have achieved a minimum overall average of 70%
- University students: you must have achieved a minimum overall average of 60%
- You must have proven financial need
- You must NOT be currently receiving any other bursary funding or financial assistance from another institution
- Students with disabilities are welcome to apply
The bursary will cover studies in the following fields: Engineering, Transportation Infrastructure, and related professions within the Built Environment, Public Sector Infrastructure Development, Smart Technologies, Administration and other professions related to SANRAL’s core business.
Bursary recipients will be selected based on academic performance and financial need (in line with SANRAL’s Bursary Policy’s), as well as other applicable conditions.
The full bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees, study equipment, accommodation, food and travel expenses. The partial bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees and accommodation.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Download and complete the SANRAL Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document or birth certificate (certified copy)
- June 2021 academic results (certified copy)
- Proof of registration for the 2022 academic year (on institutions letterhead)
- Motivational letter written by the applicant (stating why you deserve the bursary and about yourself: 2 pages)
- Motivational letter written by your school principal to support your application
- Motivational letter written by your parents/ guardians to support your application
- Parents/ guardians ID documents (certified copies)
- Parents/ guardians proof of income (recent payslips if employed)
- Parents/ guardians proof of residence (water and electricity bill from the local council, affidavit if unemployed or self-employed)
Applications must be submitted electronically via email to Ms R Erasmus: email@example.com
(Insert the words “SANRAL Bursary – Your Full Name” in the email subject line).