The KwaZulu-Natal Film Commission (KZNFC) has opened its 2021/2022 Bursary program and is inviting all interested applicants to apply ASAP.
CLOSING DATE: 15 October 2021
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must reside with KwaZulu-Natal province
- You must have completed Matric OR be currently in Matric
- You must be studying or registering to study towards a TV/ Film or Animation-related qualification (minimum NQF level 6)
- You must be studying or intend on studying at a recognised tertiary institution in KwaZulu-Natal
- You must have a strong academic record
- You must intend on pursuing a career within the TV production/ Film/ Animation field
- Preference will be given to: students living with disabilities and previously disadvantaged students
Bursaries will be awarded for studies within the following fields only:
- TV/ Film-related studies (Undergraduate only)
- Animation-related studies (Undergraduate and Postgraduate)
Note: Acting qualifications are NOT covered.
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees, accommodation and prescribed textbooks.
Bursaries are awarded for one academic year at a time – students must reapply for funding each year.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Download and complete the KZN Film Commission Bursary Application Form 2022 (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric June results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate/ final results, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Latest academic record, if currently at tertiary level (certified copy)
- Letter of acceptance to study at a tertiary institution in KwaZulu-Natal (on institutions letterhead)
- Tertiary institutes 2022 fee schedule (on institution’s letterhead)
- Parents/ guardians proof of household income (not older than 3 months) (latest payslips or letter of employment if employed/ proof of SASSA grant if applicable/ pension slip if on pension/ affidavit if unemployed etc)
- Parents/ guardians bank statement with maintenance order/ affidavit, if separated or divorced
- Proof of disability if disabled
- Motivational letter explaining why you chose your field of study and why you should be awarded the bursary, including details of achievements/ academic prizes or awards if applicable
Applications must be submitted via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Please insert the words “KZN Film Commission Bursary – Your Full Name” in the email subject line).