HORTGRO has opened their Bursary opportunity for 2021/2022 to apply. All interested applicants should read the article below to get more insights on this Bursary program.
Students may apply for the 2022 bursary if they are studying, or intend on studying, within one of these fields:
- Agricultural Economics
- Entomology and Nematology
- Plant Pathology
- Research and Technical
- Soil/ Water Science
MORE ABOUT THE HORTGRO BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: tuition fees (up to a limited amount), accommodation on tertiary campus and prescribed books (up to a limited amount).
Bursaries will be renewed each year based on satisfactory academic performance.
The bursary award is renewable each year, based on satisfactory academic performance.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE HORTGRO BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must have completed Matric OR be currently in Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying within one of the aforementioned fields
- You must studying or registered to study at a recognised tertiary institution in South Africa
- You must meet the admission requirements for your chosen course of study
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE HORTGRO BURSARY
Download and complete the HORTGRO Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document or both sides of your ID Card (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Matric latest results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Latest tertiary academic record, if at tertiary level (certified copy)
- Proof of tertiary registration (on tertiary letterhead)
- Estimated breakdown of study fees (tuition, books and accommodation)
- Parents/ guardians ID documents (certified copies)
- Parents/ guardians proof of income (latest payslips if employed/ affidavit if unemployed)
- Proof of any other financial assistance, bursaries or loans being received (if applicable)
- Essay with the following details (about yourself, brief details of your career plans, brief details of where you see yourself in the agricultural environment in the future, and why you should be awarded the bursary) (to be filled in on the application form in your own hand writing)
- 2 contactable references
Applications must be submitted electronically via email to: email@example.com
(Insert the words “HORTGRO Bursary Application – Your Full Name” in the email subject line).
CLOSING DATE FOR THE HORTGRO BURSARY
15 August 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact HORTGRO directly:
Tel: 021 870 2900